Wednesday 20 February 2013

An then a mighty break....

Well it has been a long time since I have made a post...a couple of hours and it would of been a month since I updated.



So you aren't really bothered to hear my excuses for the delays you are here to see some painted models. So without further ado we have some Dark Eldar.

Be warned there are a lot of photos, I did try to fit three on every line but it wouldn't let me :-(



















It's a real simple colour scheme but involves a deceptive number of washes. I think in the future I will paint the dark red clothing underneath first. It is modelled slightly on Nick Bayton's colour scheme.

In other news I managed some 40k games over the past month. I decided to use my Necrons and went for an experimental list as well. I dropped the Annihilation Barges, the Wraiths and the Scarabs. Instead I went with some of the lesser seen Elite options. In this case it was the Lychguard with deflection shields.

The first game was against some Iron Hands with the mission Relic. I narrowly lost due to my Overlord dropping dead to an overwatching stormbolter. As a result a dreadnought with only one arm stopped tore through what was left of my army.

The second game was against Iron Warriors (you sensing a theme here?). This one wasn't so nice for my opponent as I tabled him in Purge the Alien. I had Vargard in my list and the special rule forcing Chaos characters to issue a challenge was a drawback for my opponent. Vargard slowly made his way through several champions, a War-smith and then defeated the rival warlord all in challenges.

The third game was against Imperial Guard. Now I haven't played the new (for some people too old) incarnation of the army. My opponent had gone for an elite heavy Guard army with a smattering of Special Characters. Other than Iron Hand Stracken and Sly Marbo there were only two vehicles to contend with a Chimera and Hellhound. This game was also a tabling at Warhammer World but I have discovered a new found fear for Sly and his appearing trick. When he comes armed with a S10, AP1, large blast demo charge which he can use when he appears, lots of Necrons get blowed up. Thank the C'Tan for we will be back rolls.

In other news I have submitted to the lure of Warriors of Chaos especially with the new release. So I have dug up some of the models that have been languishing away for a bit.





I think my favourite of the two has to be the Khorne Exalted Champion. The other is the special character Wulf model but I replaced the head which was a little gormless and any warrior of chaos should carry an axe not a pansy sword. Looking at the pictures now I think I may have been a little too subtle with the red highlights cause at the moment it looks very similar to the cloak (It is totally different, honest).

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure his demo charge is only S9, AP2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one point difference....well it didn't really make a difference. 13 Necron warriors blew up in one go (I just finished wiping out some vets in combat). Luckily 8 of them stood up again, bless Necrons.

    ReplyDelete