Monday 7 January 2013

In the beginning there was only plastic....


I would like to claim that the models you see above are mine but sadly they are not. They are the work of a chap who builds a new army for every Tournament. He usually walks away with the Best Army Award. Such lofty heights I would love to aspire but in 2013 I have set my goals somewhere a little more grounded.

With a New Year comes a new start, eating less, exercising more and all that other boring stuff. One of my main resolutions ignores the boring stuff and concentrates on the crack that is miniatures. In the past 18 years (give or take a few months) I have bought, been given, picked up models numbering in their hundreds but never have I actually finished a force/army/team to what I would call an acceptable standard.

So with that in mind this blog is supposed to help me rectify this. Now I consider myself a gamer more than a painter mainly because I enjoy the former over the latter. This is partly because of my short attention span and how long it takes for me to paint just one model. I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my beloved pieces of plastic.

Now after a quick rummage around my collection I worked out that I have enough models to field an army for no less than 5 races in Warhammer 40K and in some of those I could field more than 3000pts. Now I am not so ambitious as to set myself the goal of painting all these models this year but have set my sights on the task of completing five 1500pt 40K armies. These are Space Marines, Blood Angels, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar and Necrons.

I did cheat by starting a couple of weeks before the New Year but I kind of caught the painting bug and let it take me over. During this time I found the best way to keep the painting mill churning was to move from army to army, completing a squad from one before turning to another and so forth.

Now wish me luck and look in wonder as I paint until I can paint no longer...


No comments:

Post a Comment